Sunday, November 24, 2013

We are Signed. Sealed. Delivered!

We made it! NCYC 2013 is over but the memories will last a lifetime.

I apologize for not blogging as often as I promised, but 25,000 people using their phones makes for not so great cell phone reception. And with the WiFi turned off at the hotel I was unable to use my iPad.

So many great talks, lots of rockin' music, trade items galore, seas of people, service opportunities and awesome prayer experiences are just a few of the highlights from our journey.

The 105 students who travelled with WCYM were amazing! Always on time, always checking in with chaperones and I witnessed every single student say please and thank you to service people, hall monitors, hotel staff and bus drivers. Thank you students!

We also had some of the best parent chaperones in the story of the world. They all jumped right in and were committed to making sure this trip ran smoothly. They also went above and beyond to make sure all the students felt loved and supported.  So make sure you thank the following people for making this trip a success: Barb Hart, William Brandle, Bill Ludwig, Chris Harms, Jolene Kneeland, Jim Koch, Nathaniel Gee, Kimberlynn Strever, Jim O'Connor, Andrea Moeller, Ellen Voegele, Julie Hayes, James Larsen, Jill Leibold, Deacon Ray Larsen, Dianne Layton, Bob Pranger and the newly hired high school youth minister John Knight. These people are truly good and faithful servants.

It is hard to put into words the NCYC experience. Here are a few things I saw our kids post on social media sights.

"So thankful for this experience of NCYC for the second time! Thank you to everyone who made it so amazing for me."
"This is literally so amazing and unbelievable. I can't even explain."
"I'm still really tired and glad to be home, but I would go back and do it all over if given the chance. #NCYC #lifechanging"
"Sad to say goodbye to NCYC, but I made great memories here that I will never forget. #GodisGood"
"Truly one of the best weekends of,cry life. Glad I could spend it with friends/family"
"Can we go back to Thursday?"

This is just a small sampling of what the kids are feeling. Please take some time and talk with them about this journey.

I am blessed. I am happy. I am emotional. I am proud. I am Catholic.
I am...
WE are...
SIGNED. SEALED. DELIVERED!

We are coming down from the mountain top.  The real work begins tomorrow....

God is Good!
~Annie







No comments:

Post a Comment